Solbiate Olona, January 17, 2024. The Chief of Staff of the Italian Army, Lieutenant General Pietro Serino, was welcomed by the Commander of NRDC-ITA, Lieutenant General Lorenzo D'Addario, during his visit to the NRDC-ITA headquarters at the "Ugo Mara" Barracks today.
Throughout the visit, General Serino met with representatives of the contributing Nations and participated in a briefing on the organization, tasks, and future prospects of the NATO Command in Solbiate Olona.
Special attention was given to NRDC-ITA's upcoming role as the Allied Reaction Force (ARF) Headquarters in support of the Alliance in its three main tasks: deterrence and defense, crisis prevention and management, and cooperative security.
Addressing the personnel, the Chief of the Army Staff highlighted the highly operational multinational and joint nature of the Command. Furthermore, he expressed his appreciation for the professionalism, sense of belonging, and sacrifice exhibited by the staff, always ready to intervene in national or international scenario.
The NATO Rapid Deployable Corps – Italy (NRDC-ITA) is a multinational command headquartered in Solbiate Olona, Varese.
Italy provides 75% of the personnel, including officers, non-commissioned officers, and enlisted personnel, while the remaining 25% consists of military personnel from 20 Nations.
Since October 1, 2016, NRDC-ITA has been under the direct command of the Chief of Staff of the Italian Army.